Disability Discrimination Equality Act Access Audit Service
- Should UK Hotels be afraid of the DDA?
Disability Discrimination laws now protects those with vision and hearing impairments, learning difficulties, speech impediments etc etc. In short the duties under the DDA includes all disabilities from wheelchair users to asthma suffers.
- Disability Discrimination Act (The facts)
The 1995 Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) aims to protect disabled people against discrimination – both in employment and when using a service or facility.
- A lesson to all drivers?
I saw a lady with a guide dog pass my window. Before she had managed to disappear from view she stopped.
- Safe Refuges in Multi Storey Buildings:
On my many access audit visits up and down the country (UK) I have undertaken DDA audits in many multi storey buildings.
- Disabled WC’s and our safety
A disabled WC compartment has to meet the needs of all disabled people and offer safe transfer both on and off the WC for wheelchair users.
- Wheelchair Etiquette
Details of do’s and don’t when meeting a wheelchair user.
- When you meet a blind person
Offers do’s and don’ts when meeting a blind or visually impaired person.
- Social and medical models of disability.
- Breaking an egg single handed (Tip for those with the use of one hand)